Skip to main content

Mother of children with autism says: I have cursed God worse than Duterte

Maureen Rose Mejia-Villar, a netizen in support of Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte, took to Facebook to express her thoughts on the issue of Duterte cursing at God and calling Him “stupid”.

 Photo credit to the owner

Mejia-Villar went on to defend the president, saying that Duterte is being just like everybody else. 

One who curses the Lord if struck with hardships and struggles.

She shares her own experience of questioning God and cursing at Him when she was dealing with pain.
Maureen Rose Mejia-Villar / Photo credit to the owner

Mejia-Villar said that when she found out that her 3 sons had autism, she questioned God’s role in her life and how unfair He was being to her. Which is why she thinks that Duterte’s statements and outbursts is not new. Many people have questioned God’s existence and kindness before, she says.

She then goes on to say that questioning God is okay as a lot of people, including herself, has done it before. She also says that this is a natural process of religiosity.
 Photo credit to the owner

She says that amidst these hardship, God did not abandon her, and gave her troubles that He knows she can surpass. What kept her going was her faith.
 Photo credit to the owner

Mejia-Villar then goes to say that humans are naturally inquisitive beings which makes it okay to question the almighty. In fact, she says question everything because that is the only way for us to exercise our freewill.

Read her full post here:

"Again, another pm asking me why am I not calling out Duterte , whom he says, committed blasphemy by calling God stupid, etc, etc....
 Photo credit to the owner

Well, it's because I think I have called, insulted, and hurled far more severe expletives at God than Duterte has...about 6 years ago...when my sons were diagnosed with autism.

I asked Him angrily why...out of all the 7 BILLION plus human beings on this Earth...why did He give me 3 human beings with special needs for me to take care of for the rest of their entire lifetimes!

Can you fucking imagine my despair? Can you imagine my anger? Can you imagine my frustration? 

Can you imagine my pain?
 Photo credit to the owner

Do you understand why I don't believe that Duterte is being unique by attacking God with his religious skepticism?

Because he is not alone! Duterte is not the only one with questions.

Like him and many others, we have been there! We have done it; question God...asking Him WHY?!
Photo credit to the owner

So, you think I'm being despicable and blasphemous for questioning God? Why me? Why my children? Why is this happening to my life?

And even when I question Him, I know He loves me. I have experienced His miracles.
Photo credit to the owner

He hasn't abandoned me yet...even during THAT lowest point in my life when I thought of giving up by committing suicide. It would've been so easy, you know. But I just couldn't. I was never a defeatist.

I have a tumultuous relationship with MY God. But He made me realize that He has actually given me all that I need to manage and cope with whatever challenge I would face in my life. Because I'm very much aware that God will never give me a problem that I cannot overcome. You might think you can't, but can. The struggle will be real, but All you need to do is BELIEVE as I do; as I always have. And believing in God has never been easy since time immemorial.
 Photo credit to the owner
Photo credit to the owner

Because we are curious beings, we cannot help but ask...and wonder...and come up with our own opinions about anything and everything. It's in our human nature.

Unfortunately, even with the intelligence that God gifted humankind, most of us are still ill-equipped to recognize evil even when the Devil himself is already staring us in the face.

So, Don't be fooled by foxes in sheep's clothing.

And, YES, DO QUESTION EVERYTHING. It's what your FREEWILL is for."


Sources:  Maureen Rose Mejia-Villar and The Daily Sentry

Comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular posts from this blog

Duterte Stresses Importance of Education.

Photo from Flyingketchup.ph The youth is the hope and future of the nation. That’s an undeniable fact. So regardless of their circumstances, every Filipino child should have access to quality education, according to President Rodrigo Duterte. He said this during a  groundbreaking of two school facilities in Bulacan. “Education is indeed the most valuable gift that we can leave behind to the succeeding generations,” he said. “This is why I have been firm in my stand that no Filipino youth should ever be denied access to high quality education, whatever circumstances they may be in,” Duterte added. Both the groundbreaking of Gen. Gregorio del Pilar National High School and the unveiling of the proposed Pandi National High School in Bulacan were commended by the president. He said that the school buildings will be instrumental in improving the children’s lives and developing the nation’s future leaders. “I am glad to join you today as we break ground on two secondary school

US-Based Blogger Hits Presidential Form Of Government: Bicol Region Collects P12 B Tax, Pero Ni Walang Highway!

US-based blogger and accountant Edwin Jamora / photo from his social media account US-based blogger and accountant Edwin Jamora took Facebook as platform to express his analysis as to a Federal Form of Government could do in terms of regional development. Jamora said that 99.99% of businesses are located in Metro Manila, reason why, there was small collections of tax in other provinces. He also cited the main reason why foreign investors only focus in the capital city due to lack of western style infrastructure in the provinces. Read his complete post below: TAX COLLECTION CHART So, this chart is very easy to read, korek? Manila has the highest tax revenue collection. Why? Eh kasi 99.99% of the businesses are located in Metro-Manila. Result? That's where all Filipinos go. Forecast? The metropolis will soon die. It will choke. It won't be able to move. Look at Manila now. Umambon lang, Bahasa Metro-Manila na. And how come the rest in the cou

Ex-actor Lito Gruet Shared His Life in the Slums as a Drug Addict And How He Take Back His Life.

Narcotics or known as drugs is indeed a powerful magnet that drowns people to a pool of vices. It can create distinctive shortcomings and can kill not only the user, a family, but a better life ahead. The “drug war” that Duterte started is still on the run but on a chill mode. Its been two years since thousands of drug involved personas are apprehended. Some risked their lives by refusing to appeal guilt and undergo rehabilitation and some willingly take the chance to become sober and come out clean. Lito Gruet’s story An ex-actor and model, Lito Gruet shared his inspiring life story through social media, Facebook. He started his fairytale-like story with how promising his life was for a “probinsyano” like him. He became an actor, starred on movies “akyat bahay gang,” “Room 69,” and the famous “Shake, Rattle, and Roll.” Gruet walked on different catwalks in different countries. In short, his life in the business industry gave him a chance to work with the elite, i